Justin Liles: Drier air set to return this weekend
A slow moving low will pushing through the region will create more showers and thunderstorms this evening. As the low moves southeast into southern Minnesota tonight, the showers will likely continue up north in areas that have a bit of rain earlier this week. Nett Lake, Orr and Lake Kabetogama are the areas to see additional heavy rain and possible flooding.
Rain will be scattered in nature through the evening. Fog will again redevelop tonight into Saturday morning. A dry period is then expected for most of Saturday night into early next week. Another round of showers are possible Tuesday into Wednesday.
- TONIGHT: More scattered showers and storms tonight, Patchy fog after 10pm. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 58. East wind 5 to 10 mph.
- SATURDAY: A 20 percent chance of showers after noon. Widespread fog, mainly before 8am. Otherwise, cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 67. Northeast wind 5 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- SUNDAY: Mostly sunny, with a high near 75. Calm wind becoming west around 5 mph in the afternoon.
- MONDAY: Mostly sunny, with a high near 78. West wind around 5 mph becoming north in the afternoon.
- TUESDAY: A chance of showers after 1pm. Mostly sunny, with a high near 73. South wind around 5 mph.
- WEDNESDAY: A slight chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 70. East wind 5 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph.
- THURSDAY: A chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 71. East wind 5 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph.