Work to be done on multiple parking lots in Duluth, including Bayfront Festival Park
The City of Duluth Park Maintenance Division will be completing work on parking lot repairs in and around Bayfront Festival Park, and additional parks in Duluth. Work is scheduled to begin Tuesday, September 20 through Friday, September 23. Crews will be repairing and striping at multiple parking lots weather permitting, according to City officials.
If it rains, work will be done September 26-30.
City crews will be crack filling, seal coating, and line striping to maintain pavement quality and mark parking spots. At Bayfront Festival Park, the existing, paved parking lot will receive repairs and the park will be closed to users for crack filling and seal coating of the walking paths throughout the park.
According to the City of Duluth, the parks and trailheads impacted include:
- 12th Street Beach Parking Lot, 1220 S. Lake Avenue
- Bayfront Festival Park and Parking Lot, 700 Railroad Street
- Brewer Park/Piedmont Park Trail Parking Lot, 2588 Haines Road
- Chambers Grove Park Parking Lot, 13404 Hwy 23
- Hartley Park Parking Lot, 3001 Woodland Avenue
- Memorial Park Parking Lot, 5315 Grand Avenue
- Waabizheshikana: The Marten Trail/Willard Munger State Trail Parking Lot, 7009 Pulaski Street
City officials say the parking lots will be closed to all vehicle and foot traffic for two days to complete the repairs and allow materials to properly cure. Temporary no parking signs will be put out. Hartley Nature Center will be available from the new parking lot on the north side of the building. Trail access to Old Hartley Road from the main parking lot will be closed. Trail users can access Old Hartley Road via the pathways near Hartley Nature Center. Bicycles are not permitted to be ridden on these trails, and should be walked through the detour area