Fourth of July Activities across the Northland
Fourth of July is the perfect time to get together with family and friends to celebrate our Independence Day. Many towns across the Northland have activities planned. We have put together a short list of options for you. If you would like something added, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Duluth’s festivities kick off with the 23rd year of Hairball at Bayfront Festival Park. Doors open at 3 pm Monday, July 3rd, and the first concert begins at 4 pm. Tickets are $25 for general admission or $59 for VIP admission.
The fun at Bayfront Festival Park continues Tuesday with the City of Duluth’s Fourth Fest. The free event will have live music, delicious food, cold drinks & a variety of craft vendors. Gates open at 4 pm, music starts at 5 pm, and the fireworks show will begin at 10 pm.
More information about Fourth Fest can be found at decc.org/event/fourth-fest-2023/
There is a big celebration going on in Buhl with an All Class Reunion, events from Thursday-Saturday on State Street. See the Bulldog Class Reunion page on Facebook for addition information.
On Saturday, July 1
- 9:00 – 11:00 a.m. – Coffe & Goodies, Senior Center
- 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. – Sing-a-Long at the Public Library
- Noon – 2:00 p.m. – Joe Jagunich, downtown
- 2:00 p.m. – Parade with activities to follow in Burton Park
- 3:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. – Doug Hart, Downtown
- 7:00 p.m. Susan Saccoman Comedy, Downtown
- 8:00 p.m. – Midnight – Psycho Jane.
- 10:00 p.m. Fireworks.
- Cloquet’s July 4th celebration begins at 8:00 a.m. with the Sawdust 5K at Pinehurst Park.
- There will be a Car Show from 10:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
- 1-miler Race starting at 10:45 a.m. next to Northwoods Credit Union on Avenue B.
- Parade at 11:00 a.m. goes down Cloquet Avenue from 18th Street to Eighth Street.
- From noon-5 p.m., Veterans Park will host a variety of activities for children and families, craft and food vendors and more.
- A 3-on-3 basketball tournament for people of all ages will start at noon at Pinehurst Park.
A movie will be shown in Veterans Park at 8:45 p.m., followed by fireworks at 10:25 p.m. More information, including parade entry and vendor forms, is available at cloquetfourthofjuly.com.
Fireworks 10:15 in Virginia over Silver Lake.
On Saturday, July 1, the Rock the Park music event will be in Whiteside Park from 5:00 – 11:00 with two musical acts. Beverages will be provided by the Ely Fire Relief Association and Food Trucks will be in the park for this family-fun event.
- 5:00 – 6:30 pm – Steve Ernster from Nashville
- 7:00 – 11:00 pm – The Northwoods Band from Two Harbors
There are a lot of events happening on July 4th.
- A 4-mile Run and Walk at Miner’s Lake Trezona Trailhead, with the run starting at 8 a.m., the Walk at 8:10 a.m. Kids race starts at 8:15.
- Join the Ely Legion and VFW Commanders along with the Ely Honor Guard at the Ely Veterans Memorial for a short program and Raising of the Flag at 10:00 a.m.
- Parade starts at 1:00 p.m. along 4th Ave and Harvey Street to 2nd Ave. East down to Sheridan St. and ending at 8th Ave and Harvey Street. Participants should line-up at 10 a.m.
- Following the parade, there will be fun activities in the park, sponsored by Young Life from 11:00 – 4:00 p.m.
- The Fireworks Display is scheduled to start at 10:00pm on the East side of Miners Lake. https://www.ely.mn.us/ely4thofjuly
Celebrate Independence Day in Eveleth with a street dance on Monday night from 8:00 – 12:30 a.m. with the “Honkeytonks and Hangovers” band. Food trucks will be available. Fireworks will be set off at 10:15. There will be a parade on July 4th at 9:30 a.m. Enjoy the children’s inflatable fun houses and participate in the kids races at Monroe Park right after the parade.
4th of July fun in Virginia begins with food trucks at 6 pm in Olcott Park by the fountain. Paul Lawrence will perform live, followed by Breanne Marie and the Front Porch SINNERS at 8 pm. Fireworks will begin at around 10:15 pm over Silver Lake.
On Monday, July 3 there will be a Kiddie Parade at 10:00 a.m. with the start at the H&R Block Building. On July 4th at 10:00 a.m. will be the Moose Lake City Parade. A free kids movie will be shown at the Lake Theater at 1 p.m. Fireworks will begin at approximately 10:00 p.m.
The City of Superior’s 26th annual Fourth of July Celebration. The festivities begin with a parade on Tuesday, July 4th at 11:00 a.m. on Belknap Street.
The Dennis VanAlstine Memorial Car and Motorcycle Show will follow the parade at 1 p.m. on Tower Avenue from Belknap to Broadway Streets. Over 200 cars and motorcycles will be on display. Live music from Flipside at 1 – 3 p.m. on 12th and Tower and PB&J will perform from 1-5 p.m. on 13th and Tower. There will be a Border Town Betties Pin Up Contest at 3:30 p.m. Awards and prizes will be given out at 5 p.m. Additional information can be found: Superior to hold Fourth of July Celebrations
There are a number of 4th of July celebrations going on across the Bayfield Peninsula. Enjoy live music all afternoon at Memorial Park in Bayfield from 1:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
4th of July Music Lineup:
- The Vintage Vanguards: 1:00 – 2:30 p.m.
- Floydian Slip: 3:00 – 4:30 p.m.
- Yazmin Bowers and Beat Zero: 5:00 – 6:30 p.m.
- Sasha Mercedes: 7:00 – 9:00 p.m.
The fireworks will be held at approximately 9:30/9:45 p.m. just eastward from Bayfield City Dock/Apostle Islands Marina. Memorial Park is a great place to watch the fireworks. If there is inclement wether, the fireworks will be let off on July 5.
Ashland’s 4th of July is on Main Street with the Lions Club. The Ashland Chamber’s annual celebration includes a run coordinated by the Ashland Parks & Rec Commission, a parade at 10:00 a.m., booths in Lithia Park featuring food, craft and information and bands performing in the band shell throughout the afternoon. In the evening, enjoy a world class concert by the American Band College at the high school stadium. https://www.ashlandchamber.com/Page.asp?NavID=784
Schedule of Events:
- 7:45 A.M.-APRC Sponsored 4th of July Runs (5k & 10k)- click here to register
- 11 A.M.-4th of July Parade-route begins at Triangle Park and ends on Water St.
- 11:15 A.M. (approximately) Jet Flyover
- 12-5 P.M.-Family Activity Zone and Vendor Booths in Lithia Park
- 12-5 P.M.-Music and performances at the Band Shell
- 7:30 P.M.- American Band College Concert at Ashland High School
Enjoy small town charm with a true hometown 4th of July festival. There will be games, hometown run with tot trot, craft fair, outdoor card tournaments, karaoke, street bowling and the parade and fireworks. In Downtown Bessemer, 300 South Sophie Street. https://www.uptravel.com/event/bessemer-blast-4th-of-july/3102/