Around Town – Sept. 15, 2023
A nice fall weekend is just ahead. Here are a few events happening Around Town.
Raise your glass and give a ‘Prost!’ to Oktoberfest. The keg has been tapped, and the Duluth Oktoberfestival goes all weekend. There are beer tents and polka dances, plus a Dachshund Derby and other games. It goes until 11 p.m. Friday night, from 11-11 Saturday, and from 11-4 Sunday.
Iron Range Walk to End Alzheimer’s
The Iron Range Walk to End Alzheimer’s happens Saturday morning. It starts at 10 a.m. at the Minnesota Discovery Center in Chisholm. You can register day of starting at 9. Funds raised will further the research and support from the Alzheimer’s Association.
North Star Expo
At the Itasca County Fairgrounds is the North Star Expo. It’s a massive logging equipment show. Admission is free. It started Friday and continues from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday. There are contests and lots of big machines and technology to check out.
- Zeitgeist Spirit of the Times Fundraiser: 6-10 p.m. Friday on Superior Street downtown
- Superior Library Book Sale: 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. Saturday
- AICHO Food and Art Market: 9 a.m. – 2 p.m. Saturday
- Recovery Celebration Day and Walk: 11 a.m. Saturday
- Kismet in Carlton: 12 p.m. – 12 a.m. Friday and Saturday
- Cause for the Paws 5k: 9 a.m. Saturday
- Floodwood Fall Color Festival: Saturday
- Twin Ports Pinup Pub Crawl: Saturday night
If you have an event you’d like to be considered next weekend, email email@example.com.