One person hospitalized after Lawnmower sparks fire in garage

Late Saturday night, one person was hospitalized after a lawnmower caught fire inside a garage just southwest of Cook, MN.

At approximately 11:12 PM, area first responders and law enforcement were dispatched to the report of a structure fire in the 8900 block of Highway 73 located southwest of Cook, MN.

The homeowner was transported to the Cook Hospital and later Duluth for treatment of what are believed to be non-life-threatening burns to their arms.

The Cook and Evergreen fire departments responded to the scene.

Damage to the garage is considered light and mostly smoke related the lawnmower is a complete loss.