Fire damages home near Eveleth

Four Iron Range fire departments battled a house fire Wednesday night in Clinton township, west of Eveleth.

According to northland fire wire the blaze was reported shortly before 7:30 Wednesday evening in the 4400 block of Cobb road.

The homeowner called 911 after cooking oil, being used on an outdoor burner, overheated catching the exterior siding of the house on fire. The homeowner attempted to extinguish the fire however, it began to spread into the attic of the residence.

Fire departments responding to the blaze included crews from Clinton, Cherry, Mountain Iron, and Mcdavitt.

Upon the arrival of first responders heavy black smoke was seen coming from the attic area. Several area fire departments were dispatched to assist and were able to contain and extinguish the fire. It is believed that the attic and roof of the residence sustained significant damage.

There have been no reports of injuries.