Justin Liles: Uncomfortable heat coming Thursday
A ridge of warm air is currently in place and temperatures are well above normal. Thursday is going to be even warmer as southerly winds take over. It’s going to be breezy Thursday as we await the arrival of a cold front set to roll through Thursday night into Friday. You may notice before the arrival the sky becoming hazy as the wildfire smoke from out west moves into the region Thursday.
Showers and thunderstorms are likely around the region late Thursday and Friday. Hail, wind, and heavy rain will likely be the biggest weather threat. Now, there are no threats for flooding but we will keep an eye on it. Friday looks wet and thunderstorms are possible. Expect temperatures to be much cooler beginning Friday and last through the weekend.
- Tonight: Mostly clear, with a low around 58. East wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Thursday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 85. Breezy, with a south wind 10 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.
- Thursday Night: A chance of showers and thunderstorms, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm after 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 59. Breezy, with a southwest wind 10 to 15 mph becoming north after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 25 mph.
- Friday: Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm. Cloudy, with a high near 65. North wind 5 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph.
- Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 67. North wind around 5 mph.
- Sunday: Sunny, with a high near 67. North wind around 5 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph.
- Monday: Sunny, with a high near 70. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming southeast in the afternoon.
- Tuesday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 71. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph an could gust as high as 20 mph.