Justin Liles: Scattered showers & storms tonight
After a day of warmer than average temperatures, some light rain will develop into scattered thunderstorms tonight. Here’s the latest look at the potential for showers and storms this evening into tonight. A line of showers and thunderstorms will slowly sweep from west to east along a cold front. A storm or two may become strong too severe from this evening into early tomorrow morning.
Possible hazards associated with any severe storms that develop will be damaging winds up to 60 MPH and large hail up to 1”. Winds could become rather gusty too. Following the cold front, much cooler temperatures will move into the Northland on Friday and continue through the weekend.
- TONIGHT: Mostly cloudy with a chance of showers and thunderstorms, with a low around 58. Breezy, with a south wind 10 to 15 mph becoming north after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph.
- FRIDAY: Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm before 1pm, then a chance of showers. Cloudy, with a high near 61. North wind 5 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph.
- SATURDAY: Partly sunny, with a high near 68. North wind around 5 mph.
- SUNDAY: Mostly sunny, with a high near 68. North wind around 5 mph.
- MONDAY: Sunny, with a high near 71. North wind 5 to 10 mph.
- TUESDAY: Sunny, with a high near 73. West wind 5 to 10 mph becoming south in the afternoon.