Justin Liles: Cooler overnight, Beautiful Thursday
A weak cool front will continue to slide through the region tonight and create some sporadic light rain. High pressure is set to return overnight and enough cooling may take place to see some patchy fog developing by sunrise. Drier air will settle in Thursday and create a beautiful day with temperatures in the mid to upper 70s.
As the high moves east by Friday, southerly winds will take over and temperatures will climb into the upper 80s to low 90s. In addition, it appears as if it might be a touch humid too. Another round of stronger storms along with widespread heavy rain arrives Saturday. Northern Wisconsin looks to be the hot spot at this hour. We could be looking at severe storms Saturday afternoon and evening. Rain is likely going to continue Sunday. This isn’t the greatest news for all Northland events happening outside this weekend.
- TONIGHT : Scattered sprinkles early evening followed by Patchy fog after 3am. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, and then gradually becoming clear, with a low around 54. Breezy, with a northwest wind 5 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- THURSDAY: Sunny, with a high near 77. North wind around 5 mph becoming south in the afternoon.
- FRIDAY: Mostly sunny, with a high near 87. Breezy, with a south wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
- SATURDAY: A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly sunny, with a high near 77. Northwest wind around 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph.
- SUNDAY: A slight chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 69. Northeast wind around 10 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- MONDAY: Sunny, with a high near 74. Northeast wind 5 to 10 mph becoming south in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 15 mph.
- TUESDAY: Sunny, with a high near 78. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph.