Wisconsin DNR announces changes to 2022 hunting season
The Wisconsin DNR has just announced changes to 2022 hunting season.
Most notably the new regulations impact open-water waterfowl hunting.
Hunters can now do so in the open waters of the Great Lakes, Green Bay, and Big Green Lake.
Hunters however must remain a minimum of 500 feet from the shore.
Additionally the squirrel season has been extended from the last day of January, to February 28th.
The DNR also announced their 2022 combine Wisconsin Hunting Regulations pamphlet is now available online.
The Wisconsin Trapping Regulations is also available online.
The 2022 deer season is as follows, according to the DNR.:
- Gun Hunt For Hunters With Disabilities: Oct. 1-9
- Youth Deer Hunt: Oct. 8-9
- Gun Deer Hunt: Nov. 19-27
- Muzzleloader: Nov. 28-Dec. 7
- Statewide Antlerless Hunt: Dec. 8-11
- Farmland Zone Holiday Hunt: Dec. 24-Jan. 1, 2023