Shifting to gratitude
Nikki Karnowski of Metamorphosis Coaching, Consulting and Training joined us on the first of 21 Days of Gratitude. She explains how gratitude has the power to shift the way we things and provide health benefits.
Nikki tells us, “It takes about 3-weeks for us to create a healthy rhythm and habit. Getting into the practice of gratitude is a fairly simple practice to do daily so these types of things are easier to solidify. If it’s something bigger…the average according to research is around 66 days. The thing we want to do is to create the daily practice into our lives so it turns into a healthy habit.”
This daily practice can be as simple as….
- Journal what you are grateful for.
- Three thing before your feet hit the floor in the morning!
- Share at breakfast, dinner — or team huddle.
- Create a visual poster
- Gratitude Jar
- Get Creative
And this all can lead to a bunch of health benefits…
- Better relationships.
- Eliminates stress.
- Rewires your brain.
- Helps us heal and improves sleep.
- Boosts self-esteem & performance.
- Makes us at least 25% happier.
- Improves sleep.
- Enhances the law of attraction.
- Shields us from negativity