Lauren Wells’ ins and outs of country music in 2024
Lauren Wells brings the hits and tracks the trends every morning on the B105 Breakfast Club. She has a few ideas about what is “in” and “out” with country music in 2024.
Lauren’s country music “ins:”
- More new artists getting big breaks thanks to TikTok and other forms of social media
- More traditional-sounding country songs
- Personal, autobiographical songs about real life topics
Lauren’s country music “outs:”
- “Bro country” and “Boyfriend country”
- Debating what is and isn’t country
- Hating on artists that aren’t your cup of tea
She also offered a few predictions for what might happen in the industry this year. She thinks the next wave of country music legends will continue to dominate with even more joining the club. She expects new albums from artists like Kacey Musgraves, Morgan Wallen, and Luke Combs. And she thinks artists like Carrie Underwood and Miranda Lambert may move on to other ventures.