Golden Hits III Concert & Ticket Giveaway
There is an exciting fundraiser this weekend for Duluth Sister Cities International. The Todd Eckart Band will be preforming The Golden Hits III at the Mitchell Auditorium at St. Scholastica, 1200 Kenwood Avenue at 7:00 PM. Come and enjoy the timeless music from Elvis Presley, Buddy Holly, Roy Orbison, Everly Brother, Johnny Cash and Glenn Campbell.
Tickets are $20.
Proceeds from the concert will be used to promote cultural exchange between Duluth and its sister cities in Vaxjo, Sweden; Petrozavodsk, Russia; O’hara, Japan and Rania Iraqi Kurdistan.
The Lift would like to send you to the concert. We are giving away two (2) pairs of tickets to the concert on Saturday, November 18. All you need to do is visit The Lift Facebook page at comment on the post regarding The Golden Hits III Show with Baihly and Todd Eckart. Tell us who your favorite classic rock artist is. Two winners will be chosen by random drawing. You have until 3pm on Wednesday to comment. (See official rules below.)
Duluth Sister Cities International has created strong bonds with five cities across three continents. The group thrives at creating exciting opportunities for people to connect while promoting global understanding through cultural, economic and educational endeavors. You can get involved by emailing DSCI@duluthmnsistercities.org
WDIO-TV – Golden Hits Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, EACH ENTRANT AGREES TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
1. Eligibility – The WDIO-TV –Golden Hits Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to viewers 18 years or older and residents of Wisconsin, Minnesota or the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Employees of WDIO-TV, LLC, 10 Observation Road, Duluth, Minnesota 55811 (“Sponsor”), Hubbard Broadcasting, Inc., including their subsidiaries, affiliates, parent or related companies (together with Sponsor, the “Released Parties”), and their immediate families, are not eligible to enter. Anyone participating in this Sweepstakes or claiming a prize in this Sweepstakes in violation of these rules will be deemed to have forfeited the right to be awarded a prize in this Sweepstakes and will be disqualified from participating in WDIO-TV sweepstakes or Sweepstakes for a period of one year. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sweepstakes Period – Sweepstakes begins at 5:00:00 PM Central Time (“CT”) on November 14, 2023, and ends at 3:00:00 PM CT on November 15, 2023 (“Sweepstakes Period”). The Sponsor’s computer system shall be the official timekeeper for the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes Period will be broken out into four (4) entry pools. Each entry pool begins at 5:00:00 PM CT and ends at 3:00:00 PM CT the following day, as more specifically set forth in the Entry Pool & Prize Chart below (each, an “Entry Pool”).
|Entry Pool & Prize Chart|
|Start @ 5:00:00 PM CT on||End @ 3:00:00 PM CT on||Random Drawing on||Prizes – One (1) Winner per drawing|
|11/14/2023||11/15/2023||1/15/2023||One (1) Winner – Prize #1 (see Official Rule #4 below)|
3. HOW TO ENTER: To enter, tune in to WDIO-TV’s The Lift weekday’s (Mon-Fri) during the Sweepstakes Period. Then, during each Entry Pool, visit The Lift page on Facebook or Instagram, find that Entry Pool’s Sweepstakes post (“Post”), and comment on that Entry Pool’s Post. Limit one (1) comment/entry per person per Entry Pool. All entries must be received by 3:00:00 PM CT during each Entry Pool’s end date set forth in the Entry Pool & Prize Chart above, or by 3:00:00 PM CT on November 15, 2023 to be eligible for the final Entry Pool’s random drawing.
This Sweepstakes is not sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Instagram or Facebook. By entering, you are providing the information to Sponsor, and not to Instagram or Facebook.
4. Random Drawings – One (1) winner will be selectedvia a random drawing from among all eligible entries received in each Entry Pool, on or about the Random Drawing date set forth in the Entry Pool & Prize Chart above. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received in each Entry Pool. Non-winning entries from any Entry Pool will NOT be carried over to subsequent random drawings. Winners will be announced on-air during that Entry Pool date’s The Lift broadcast, at or about 4:30 PM CT.
WDIO will also send a direct message to each winner. WDIO will make up to 2 attempts to contact each potential winner. If any potential winner cannot be contacted after 2 attempts, that potential winner will forfeit the ability to receive a prize, and the may be awarded to an alternate potential winner, time permitting. Decisions of WDIO are final and binding. WDIO is not responsible for direct messages that are unanswered or not received.
5. Prizes and Approximate Retail Values (“ARV’s”) – Prize 1: Two (2) tickets to Golden Hits II with the Todd Eckart Band.ARV: $40.00.
Gift cards and tickets are subject to the terms, conditions and restrictions as printed on the cards and tickets (including any expiration dates, if applicable). Prizes consist of only those items specifically listed as part of the prize. Prizes are subject to manufacturers’ warranties and guarantees, if applicable. Prizes are nontransferable, may not be bartered or sold to any third party (including on ebay, Craigslist or similar website), and may not be substituted for cash or any other prize, except that Sponsor may substitute a prize, or portion thereof, for one of equal or greater value for any or no reason at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Winners must meet the eligibility requirements as set forth in Paragraph 1 of these Official Rules. Winners are responsible for paying all applicable income taxes associated with accepting the Prize. Winner may be required to sign liability and/or publicity release (“Prize Release”) prior to issuance of a prize, at Sponsor’s sole discretion. A 1099 form may be submitted to all appropriate taxing authorities, and by signing a Prize Release, the winner accepts the Prize, and even if the winner does not use the Prize, he/she will be responsible for the applicable taxes.
6. Claiming the Prize – The winner(s) will be asked to stop by the WDIO-TV Studios, 10 Observation Road, Duluth, Minnesota 55811, during normal business hours (Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.) to claim their prize within 30 days of winning. When claiming a prize at the WDIO-TV Studios, the winner must prove he or she is a qualified winner by presenting identification acceptable to the sponsors (e.g., state driver’s license; state issued identification card; valid passport with address verification; or birth certificate with social security card and photo identification and address verification). If the winner cannot prove he or she is the qualified winner, the prize will not be awarded. All unclaimed prizes remain the property of WDIO-TV.
7. Participation Conditions/Release/Consent to use Likeness – By participating, each participant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes; (b) release and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including, but not limited to, negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including, but not limited to, invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s participation in this Sweepstakes, and acceptance or use or misuse of prize; (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes and/or entrant’s acceptance, use or misuse of prize; and (d) allow Sponsor’s use for promotional purposes of his/her likeness, voice and/or address (city/state) without any additional compensation.
8. General Conditions – Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, for any reason whatsoever, including, without limitation, fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health of other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis, order of any court or jurisdiction or if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the participation process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Only the type and quantity of prizes described in these Official Rules will be awarded. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
9. Limitations of Liability – The Released Parties as set forth above are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the participation process or the Sweepstakes; (3) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (4) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any Prize.
11. Disputes/Governing Law – Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or the prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate federal or state court of Minnesota; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ or legal fees; and (3) unless otherwise prohibited, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with this Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Minnesotan, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of State of Minnesotan, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Minnesota.
12. Winner’s List/Official Rules – For the names of the prize winner, send a separate self-addressed, stamped envelope before September 15, 2023, to Winner List, Golden Hits Sweepstakes, WDIO-TV, LLC, 10 Observation Road, Duluth, Minnesota 55811. For a copy of these official rules, see the Website/Mobile App.
13. Sponsor – WDIO-TV, LLC, 10 Observation Road, Duluth, Minnesota 55811.