Around Town – Oct. 27, 2023
This weekend, it’s all about Halloween.
St. Louis County Trunk or Treat
It’s Trunk or Treat from 2-4 p.m. Saturday at Plaza 53 in Mountain Iron. Kids in costume can go from trunk to treat collecting candy. There’s also a photo booth and cupcake walk. It’s a free event.
North End Nightmare 5k
If you only run when someone is chasing you, Grandma’s Marathon’s North End Nightmare might be the right race. It starts and finishes at Earth Rider Brewing. The 5k starts at 11 a.m., and kids’ races begin at 12:30 p.m. People can register day of.
Bat Week program
The Chequamegon-Nicolet National Forest is celebrating bats during International Bat Week. At 1 Saturday afternoon, there is a presentation at the Northern Great Lakes Visitor Center in Ashland. It’s free.
Cold Iron Brewing Halloween party
Ironwood’s Cold Iron Brewing is having a Halloween party from 7-10 p.m. Saturday. There will be live music at the taproom and a costume contest at 9.
- Team Duluth Ski & Snowboard Swap: Oct. 27-29 at Spirit Mountain Grand Ave. Chalet
- Boo at the Zoo: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 28, at the Lake Superior Zoo
- Eek! The Depot: 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 28, at The Depot
- Eastridge Community Church Trunk or Treat: 12-3 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 28 at Eastridge Community Church
- 4 Corners Trunk or Treat: 1-3 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 28 at 4 Corners Store Superior
- Beargrease Musher Registration: 2-6 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 28, at Bent Paddle Brewing Co.
If you have an event you’d like to be considered next weekend, email firstname.lastname@example.org.