Nominations open for Teacher of the Year
Teachers play an important role in student’s lives. They are around our children eight hours a day, nine months of the year. They can motivate and inspire students for years to come. Now Education Minnesota has opened nominations for the 2024 Teacher of the Year award.
Online nominations are now open through Nov. 15. The 2024 Teacher of the Year will be named at a ceremony May 5, 2024, at the Saint Paul RiverCentre. The Minnesota Teacher of the Year also becomes Minnesota’s candidate for National Teacher of the Year. Minnesota ranks third in the nation with four National Teachers of the Year.
Eligible nominees must meet these criteria:
- Teach in a public or nonpublic pre-kindergarten-12th grade school, or in an Adult Basic Education or ECFE program, working at least 50 percent of the time directly with students.
- Have a Minnesota teaching license.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree and a Minnesota teaching license.
- Have completed at least five full years of teaching by the nomination deadline.
- Intend to teach in Minnesota during the 2024-25 school year.
Anyone may nominate a teacher and self-nominations are also accepted.
For more information or to receive a paper nomination form, call Ashley Behrens at 651-292-4862 or 800-652-9073.
Organized and underwritten by Education Minnesota, the Minnesota Teacher of the Year program receives support from Education Minnesota ESI, Educators Lifetime Solutions, EFS Advisors, Harvard Club of Minnesota Foundation and Expedition Credit Union.