Space heater causes fire; Grand Lake home a total loss

According to the St. Louis County Sheriff’s office, multiple fire departments were called to a house fire on Sunny Lane in Grand Lake Township. This happened at around 8 p.m. Monday night

The house is a total loss due to fire, water and smoke damage and unfortunately, one dog died in the fire. The fire is believed to have been started by a space heater in a bathroom. No foul play is suspected.

Grand Lake, Canosia, Hermantown, Solway, and Air Guard fire departments responded to the incident as well as St. Louis County Deputies.