Passerby saves the lives of 2 people and dog during overnight Hibbing house fire

A passerby saved the lives of 2 people and their dog Sunday, during an overnight house fire according to the Hibbing Fire Department.

Sunday, February 19th, The Hibbing Fire Dept.,  Chisholm Fire Department Keewatin Fire Dept., and Virginia Fire Dept. where dispatched to the single family home for a report of fire coming out of the attic.

According to authorities, the passerby saw flames coming from the eves located at the front of the house. They then called 911 and woke up the people in the home, allowing them to evacuate the house with their dog safely.

Fire crews were then reported seeing smoke coming from the attic and attacked the fire from outside the house.

There were no injuries reported at the time, and total damages are reported to be around $85,000.