Owner of Lutsen Lodge says ‘Greatness will be restored’
The owner of Lutsen Resort Lodge issued a statement on Facebook Sunday afternoon regarding recent reports surrounding the circumstances of the fire that destroyed the lodge on February 6 and reports that the lodge had seven violations during their last inspection. Four of the seven had been resolved before the fire.
In the statement Bryce Campbell asks the public to “STOP.” He wrote, “The damage that has been done is going beyond a building. This tragedy should only be about the loss of such an important icon and the people affected by it including so much of our team.” He goes on to say that there is a lot of speculation and rumors. (See full statement below.)
“I ask all of you contributing to the unnecessary negativity to stop. We will be re-building this lodge as close as possible to the original, we will be doing everything we can to make sure that the re-build is done in a way that makes the building seem as though it’s always been there,” he added.
Campbell says they will do everything they can do to keep the existing fireplace stone for the rebuild, that the stone is part of the greatneess and 140 year history of Lutsen.
“We’re not going anywhere,” he wrote inpart. “Greatness will be restored beginning with the original stones so that fond fireplace is still our heart and our history will remain as Minnesota’s first and oldest resort.