Grants awarded to Youth in Philanthropy
The Northland Foundation awards nine grants to local students that participate in the Kids PLUS-Youth in Philanthropy program. The Kids PLUS-Youth in Philanthropy is a community program that engages middle and high school students in hands-on training in philanthropy through mentorship and volunteer opportunities. Students engage in interactive workshops that promote team and relationship building, as well as sharpen their leadership and communication skills.
Youth Participants are able to submit self-written grants with the consideration of the project benefiting youth-driven projects and ideas. One of the Northland foundations goals for this program is to empower community relationships and to instill knowledge and skills the help the community view youth as potential leaders.
Recipients of the grant funding:
- Duluth Robotics in Duluth
- North Superior Ski and Run Club in Grand Marais
- Laura MacArthur Elementary ISD #709 of Duluth
- Cherry Schools ISD #2142 of the Iron Range
- REACH Mentoring Program Youth Adult Partnerships of Cloquet
- Devildogs in Duluth
- Cloquet Senior High School ISD #94 of Cloquet
- Falls High School ISD #36 of International Falls
- Minnesota Children’s Press of Grand Marais