MN State Patrol launches new dashboard, increasing transparency
The Minnesota State Patrol has launched a new online dashboard to increase transparency, promote accountability, and build trust. The new dashboard gives an inside look at the work troopers and State Patrol staff do on a regular basis, while giving the public easier access to data, policies, and other information.
In addition to every day operations, the dashboard lays out all State Patrol policies and procedures, shows how the State Patrol holds troopers and staff accountable through excellence and integrity, and lays out the data for any use of force incidents, pursuits and training. It includes information about each division and specialty unit, how they serve the public and the corresponding data related to the work they do.
The State Patrol provided highlights from the dashboard:
- State Patrol dispatchers answer approximately 200,000 emergency calls each year. Seconds matter when someone’s life is on the line. Dispatchers answer 97 percent of 911 calls in under 10 seconds and 100 percent of 911 calls in less than 40 seconds.
- Aircraft and pilots assist troopers and other agencies with traffic details. Traffic detail hours went up in 2022, especially during special enforcements.
- Out of 437,413 interactions with the public in 2022, 196 — .04 percent — resulted in the use of any force.
- The State Patrol has a very low occurrence of both external and internal complaints. Of the more than 437,000 contacts with the public in 2022, 27 complaints were made — 14 of those complaints were discovered internally.
- State Patrol general orders have always been public, but the dashboard creates faster and easier access to those orders.