Updated: July 18, 2021 10:45 PM
Created: July 18, 2021 08:07 PM
The Duluth Fire Department made an incredible rescue Sunday afternoon.
They saved a four-year-old English Bulldog named Betty from the second story of a Denfeld home.
It all began around 3:00pm when a neighbor heard a smoke detector going off and saw smoke coming from the kitchen windows of the home on the 400 block of North 49th Avenue West. The neighbor called 911.
Both police and firefighters arrived on scene within minutes and determined that there was a fire in the kitchen.
They immediately began their efforts to search the home and put the fire out. That is when they found Betty upstairs and got her out safely.
Fortunately, no one else was home at the time of the fire and Betty was unharmed.
The cause of the fire was ruled as accidental.
Damage is estimated at $5,000 to the structure and $1,000 in kitchen contents.
Crews from Spirit Valley, Lincoln Park, and Headquarters responded to the call.
Copyright 2021 WDIO-TV LLC, a Hubbard Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved