Warm coats needed for this year’s ‘Coats for Kids’ drive
Benna Ford’s 20th Coats For Kids coat drive is now underway throughout the month of October. This drive helps so many kids stay warm in the Twin Ports. According to Benna Ford, Coats for Kids has provided 26,546 coats to those in need since they started the drive.
This year they are trying to break their 2018 record of 1,789 coats donated.
During the month of October coats can be donated at the following drop off sites:
- Walmart Stores – Hermantown and Superior
- Lake Superior Cleaners – 1310 Ogden Ave. Superior, WI
- Benna Ford
- Salvation Army – 916 Hughitt Ave. Superior, WI
- Haunted Shack / Haunted Ridge / Ru-Ridge Corn Maze One Stop Shop
- Midwest Communications
- Cub Foods
- Como Oil & Propane – 5820 Old Hwy 61 Duluth, MN & 614 Recycle Dr. Two Harbors, MN
- Ruth House – 632 Grand Ave. Superior, WI
- Superior YMCA
Coats will be distributed on Thursday, November 18th and Friday, November 19th between 10 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. at The Salvation Army in Superior at 916 Hughitt Avenue. This will be the only location that will be distributing the coats.
Lake Superior Cleaners is professionally cleaning all of coats.