Twin brothers dead after Duluth structure fire; autopsy suggests deaths were accidental

Approximately at 11:46 am Saturday, first responders were sent to a residence on Industrial Road for a possible structure fire.

The person who called 911 requested a welfare check at 5728 Industrial Road where twin brothers Jerry Rousse and Terry Rousse were unable to be contacted.

At the residence responders noted that there had been a fire inside the home sometime in the past few days that apparently went out on it’s own.

The bodies of the Rousse brothers were then discovered and it was suggested that the fire caused considerable heat and smoke damages.

The preliminary autopsy reports from the Midwest Medical Examiner’s Office determined both deaths to be accidental. Terry’s death appeared to be caused by both smoke inhalation and thermal injury due to fire. Jerry’s death was also determined to be accidental and caused by both smoke inhalation and carbon monoxide toxicity.

The initial investigation leads investigators to believe the fire was accidental.

According to the St. Louis County Sheriff’s office, deputies located a smoke detector within the residence; however, it was found to be inoperable.