Social Security Administration expands online services for Minnesotans

If you are a resident of Minnesota, you can now get a replacement Social Security Card from the comfort of your home or office. The Social Security Administration introduced an expansion of online services through a special portal.

As long as you’re only requesting a replacement card, you can use the free online service by creating a mySocial Security account.

Any U.S. citizen age 18 or older with a U.S. mailing address can request a replacement card if they can’t find their original. You must also have a driver’s license or state-issued identification card. In Wisconsin, this service is available only if you have a driver’s license.

Minnesota is one of the many states where this option is available.