Event, business cancellations due to winter storm
The winter storm affecting the Northland Monday and Tuesday has caused some cancellations or closures of events and businesses. This list will be updated as additional closures or cancellations happen. If you would like your event added to the list, please email email@example.com.
For School Closing information, visit SCHOOL ALERT.
- Arrowhead Library System Book Mobile stops in Itasca County have been canceled Tuesday
- Ashland Aging Unit to close Meal Sites for Seniors on Tuesday
- Ashland County Meals on Wheels will not be delivering Tuesday
- Benedictine Adult Day Services will be closed Tuesday
- Caravel Autism Health is closed Tuesday
- Cloquet Meals on Wheels closed Tuesday
- Community Action Duluth closed Tuesday, including the tax site clinic. Staff are working remotely and can still be reached.
- Duluth Adult Education office is closed Tuesday.
- Duluth City offices are closed Tuesday
- Duluth HRA offices are closed Tuesday
- Duluth Public Schools is closing KEY Zone for Tuesday. All activities and athletics are also canceled for Tuesday.
- Duluth Salvation Army and the Salvation Army Thrift Store will be closed Tuesday
- Floodwood Services and Training closed Tuesday
- Fruit of the Vine Food Shelf at Vineyard Church in Hermantown is closed
- Human Development Center (HDC) will be closed Tuesday. All services will instead be offered via telehealth.
- Lake Superior Zoo has postponed their Community Day. The Zoo will be closed.
- Memorial Medical Center in Ashland is closed for non-emergency services Tuesday, including the Northwest Wisconsin Cancer Center. Emergency services are still available.
- Moose Lake Senior Dining/ Meals on Wheels closed Tuesday
- PAVSA office is closed Tuesday and Wednesday. Advocates are available over the phone.
- Second Harvest North Central’s Food Bank in Grand Rapids is closed Tuesday. It reopens at 11 a.m. Wednesday.
- Second Harvest Northern Lakes Food Bank, the food shelf, and all volunteer activities are closed Tuesday
- Senior centers of Spooner, Shell Lake, Birchwood, and Minong will be closed, and there will be no congregate meals served or home-delivered meals in Washburn County.
- Superior Garbage collection delayed. No garbage pick up on Tuesday. Tuesday’s collection day will be Wednesday. Residents should have garbage out by 7 a.m.
- Superior High School parent/teacher conferences will be rescheduled
- UMD – Aniti-Social Hour scheduled for Tuesday night at the Tweed Museum has been canceled
- UMD will be under "reduced operations" until 4 a.m. Wednesday. Some events will be canceled, and some classes may move to remote learning.
- UWS’ University Music Department Recital Series featuring Vicki Fingalson and Jeffrey Madison Tuesday night is canceled.