Duluth to repair 16.8 miles of roads in 2022
The city of Duluth announced that 16.8 miles of roads will be improved in 2022.
It’s all part of the Sales Tax Street Improvement Program – a half percent sales tax allocated soley to improve and maintain roads in Duluth.
According to Mayor Emily Larson this is the single largest number of miles in one construction season in the city’s recent history.
This is a large community accomplishment for a number of reasons and city officials are thrilled with the improvement in funding.
"We’ve waited many years to have a stable consistent funding source for our streets," Said Cindy Voigt, Duluth city engineer. "Myself, staff, street maintenance and public works are so excited to actually have money to respond to the residents needs and their requests for better roads."
City representatives say the chosen areas are based on utility repairs, lead service work, resident input and by county.
The streets listed to get repairs in 2022 are:
- 91st Ave W, Idaho to Grace St.
- Hilton, 88th Ave W to Falcon
- Hilton, 91st Ave W to Idaho
- Zimmerly Ave, Commonwealth to Grave Ave
- 94th Ave W, Zimmerly to Boyd Ave
- Boyd Ave, 93rd to Dead End near 96th Ave W
- 95th Ave W, Zimmerly to Clyde
- Clay St, Vinland to Skyline
- Skyline Pkwy, 24th Ave W to Haines Rd
- Lincoln Park Dr Recondition, 3rd to First Bridge
- Twin Ponds Wall Repairs
- 11th Ave W, 1st St to 6th St
- W 1st St, Mesaba Ave to N 6th Ave E
- 1st Ave E, Mesaba Ave to E 4th St
- 7th St, Mesaba Ave to 6th Ave E
- 4th Ave E, 4th St to Central Ent
- 8th St, 4th Ave E to 5th Ave E
- 10th St, 4th Ave E to 5th Ave E
- 5th Ave E, 7th St to 10th St
- Ridgewood Rd, 34th Ave E to 800ft
- Pinewood Ln, Crescent Vw to E 3rd St
- E 3rd St, Pinewood Ln to 37th Ave E
- E 4th St, Pinewood Ln to 550′ S
- Melwood Ave, Ridgewood Rd to Cul de Sac
- Crescent View Dr, Pinewood Ln to 220′ N
- N 45th Ave E, E Superior St to London Rd
- Wyoming St, 51st to 52nd Ave E
- N 54th Ave E, Glenwood to E Superior St