Care package drive for Silver Bay veterans underway in Grand Rapids
The VFW 1720 Auxiliary is participating in a Care Package Drive for personal Items for U.S. Veterans. Donations will be accepted through Thursday, November 11 and will be given to Veterans at the Silver Bay Veterans Home. Gift cards to Walmart, Target, McDonald’s, Subway, and Amazon are preferred, however there are a number of items that are needed.
The VFW 1720 Auxiliary will accept:
- Deodorant, Bryl cream, nail clippers and nail files
- Toothpaste and toothbrushes, denture cleaner and adhesive
- Disposable three blade razors, men’s aftershave and cologne
- Body wash, shampoo, conditioner
- Craft kits, 100-300 piece puzzles, adult coloring books, markers
- Postage stamps, blank note cards, stationery
- Easy car or tractor models
Items may be dropped off at any of these locations in Grand Rapids:
The VFW Post 1720 at 1212 NW 4th Street; Move It Real Estate at 225 NW 1st. Avenue; Brier Clothing at 413 NW 1st Avenue; Itasca Co. Veterans Office at 410 NE 2nd Avenue; Itasca Co. Resource Center at 1209 SE 2nd Avenue; and ElderCircle in the YMCA at 400 River Road.