Justin Liles: Tiny chance of light rain Friday
The last time we started September in the 80s was 4yrs ago in 2018, when we reached a high of 81°F. September is a transition month. The average high to the start of the month is 70°F and by the end of the month, our high is 59°F. You can see why we start seeing the colors change so quickly towards the end of September and beginning of October.
Anyway, light rain is possible Friday. However, chances are slim due to the amount of dry air currently in place. Any rain that falls is likely to drop in northern Wisconsin tomorrow afternoon but it won’t last long. Much cooler weather is expected Saturday behind the front bringing us some rain. Winds will also be off the lake. Temperatures will increase with plenty of sunshine through Labor Day. Temperatures will climb into the 80s through the middle of next week.
- TONIGHT: Clear, with a low around 64. South wind around 5 mph.
- FRIDAY: A slight chance of showers between 9am and 11am. Mostly sunny, with a high near 83. Breezy, with a southwest wind 10 to 15 mph becoming northwest in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph.
- SATURDAY: Sunny, with a high near 63. East wind around 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph.
- SUNDAY: Sunny, with a high near 66. East wind 5 to 10 mph.
- LABOR DAY: Mostly sunny, with a high near 74. Southeast wind 5 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph.
- TUESDAY: Sunny, with a high near 80. Southeast wind 5 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph.
- WEDNESDAY: Sunny, with a high near 80. South wind 5 to 10 mph becoming east in the afternoon.