Advertisement

Twins C Jason Castro Out For Season Following Knee Surgery

Twins C Jason Castro Out For Season Following Knee Surgery

BRIAN HALL
Created: May 16, 2018 02:36 PM

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - Minnesota catcher Jason Castro will miss the rest of the season following surgery to remove the meniscus in his right knee.

Advertisement – Content Continues Below

Castro tore his meniscus, was operated on Tuesday by Dr. Richard Steadman and had been expected to be sidelined for four-to-six weeks.

Minnesota said Wednesday that Steadman found damage to be more extensive than an MRI indicated. As a result, Steadman performed a meniscectomy to remove the cartilage.

Twins chief baseball officer Derek Falvey says Castro's rehabilitation will take five-to-six months, putting the 30-year-old on track to be ready for spring training.

Castro has been on the disabled list since May 5. He hit .143 with three RBIs in 19 games and tried to play through knee pain for several weeks.

More AP baseball: https://apnews.com/tag/MLBbaseball

Credits

BRIAN HALL

Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Relay Media Amp

9th Annual Hillfest Makes Way to Duluth

First Paddlefest Comes to Twin Ports

Informal "Tryout" Held for Upcoming RivALZ Flag Football Game

Duluth Children's Museum Hosts 10th Annual Bubble Festival

Cloquet Man Petitioning Re-entry To United States After Deportation

Wisconsin Commercial Fishing Operations Record Numbers

Advertisement