Homicide investigation in Virginia underway, suspect in custody | www.WDIO.com

Homicide investigation in Virginia underway, suspect in custody

WDIO
Updated: May 12, 2021 07:42 PM
Created: May 12, 2021 09:11 AM

An early morning homicide in Virginia is now under investigation. The Minnesota BCA was working the scene on Wednesday afternoon.

Police reported that someone called 911 around 2am on Wednesday, reporting that he had assaulted someone in his apartment.

The caller stated he had stabbed someone, and the victim might be dead, according to police.

This was at 104 5th Street South.

Avory Deegan lives nearby. "I didn't hear about it until a little bit ago. 90% of the time it's pretty peaceful. And the other 10% stuff like this happens," he said.

Officers responded in three minutes, according to the police chief, and said they found a woman who had multiple stab wounds to the neck and head. She was pronounced dead at the scene.

The caller reportedly fled the scene before first responders got there.

On Wednesday morning, police had said they were looking for the suspect, but he has now been located. The 40-year-old was arrested at the hotel downtown.

Charges are pending.  A check of the suspect's court records shows he has a pending felony domestic assault case, and some convictions for DWI and disorderly conduct.


 

Copyright 2021 WDIO-TV LLC, a Hubbard Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved

Up to 30 people displaced after Nashwauk apartment fire

Fire at former Nichols Town Hall in Mt. Iron

Operation Slow Motion at Park Point

New DNR Enforcement K9

Saxon Harbor Marina & Campground comes full circle after deadly 2016 storm

Duluth, MnDOT offering free CDL training