Advertisement

Fire Chief: No Batteries in Detectors in Carbon Monoxide Poisonings

December 04, 2017 12:19 PM

Seven people were treated for carbon monoxide poisoning in Virginia Sunday, and the Fire Chief says there were no batteries in two carbon monoxide detectors. Five first-responders were also evaluated for possible CO exposure. 

Advertisement – Content Continues Below

The Virginia Fire Department was dispatched around 10 am Sunday to a home on the 1200 block of 19th Street South.

Ambulance crews from Virginia, Eveleth, and Biwabik were also sent.

Allen Lewis, Virginia Fire Chief, says two carbon monoxide detectors in the house did not have batteries in them.

According to Virginia officials, seven people from the residence were transported to a local hospital for treatment, with three others airlifted to other medical facilities.

Also, two Virginia firefighters, two Virginia police officers, and a deputy from St. Louis County were evaluated for possible CO exposure. Virginia continues to investigate the cause of the poisoning.

 


WDIO

Copyright 2017 WDIO-TV LLC, a Hubbard Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved

Advertisement
Advertisement
Relay Media Amp

Two Organizations Team up to Provide Transitional Home for Veterans

Special Report: Reed's New Ride

State Lawmakers Recap Legislative Session Coming to End

Complaint: Teacher Admitted to Sexual Contact with Former Student

Great Lakes Aquarium Adding Shark Touch Pool Exhibit

Hawk Hustle Celebrates Fundraising for Playground

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement