Updated: January 14, 2022 05:41 PM
Created: January 14, 2022 11:09 AM
The St. Louis County Attorney's office has charged a 17-year-old from Proctor with third-degree criminal sexual conduct. This is in connection with allegations involving players on the Proctor football team.
Back in September, the school district said they were aware of student misconduct involving members of the high school football team, and the season was canceled.
The county attorney's office received the referral from the police department back in October. They requested more information from the police in early November. And then additional information came in on January 5th.
The juvenile petition filed Friday says it was a sexual assault involving a plunger, and that it happened after a football practice back in September. The petition said the alleged victim was 15-years-old at the time, and that he was held down by other teammates.
The petition went on to say that the defendant allegedly threw the plunger back at the victim, and said, "I bet you guys didn't think I was going to do it." According to the petition, the plunger had been used with crass locker-room behaviors.
According to the St. Louis County Attorney's office, they will be making a motion to move the case to adult court. The office also said the investigation was unncessarily complicated and delayed by the voluminous amount of social medial speculation surrounding this incident as investigators were forced to devote their limited resources to responding to social media rumors.
WDIO will not be naming the defendant until he is moved to adult court.
This remains an active investigation. If you have information, please call the Proctor Police Department: 218-624-7788
Copyright 2022 WDIO-TV LLC, a Hubbard Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved