Created: April 20, 2021 07:27 PM
Thunder Bay Fire Rescue is warning about the dangers of a process called fractal wood burning after a recent death associated with the process.
The department issued a news release Tuesday saying that it responded to a medical call over the weekend for an electrocution death caused by the process. Details of the incident were not released.
Fractal wood burning is a process that uses high-voltage generators to burn images into wood that has been soaked with a chemical solution. Though there are hundreds of videos promoting the method online, Thunder Bay Fire Rescue discourages people from attempting the process.
"This is an extremely dangerous process with deadly consequences, and I would strongly recommend that people do not try this," Fire Rescue Chief Greg Hankkio said in a news release.
Ontario's Electrical Safety Authority also warns against the process, saying high-voltage generators are extremely dangerous and have the potential to cause serious injury or death.
Copyright 2021 WDIO-TV LLC, a Hubbard Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved