Advertisement

Two Minnesotans charged with violating Canada's Quarantine Act

Two Minnesotans charged with violating Canada's Quarantine Act

Created: July 06, 2020 10:47 AM

Two people from a Twin Cities suburb have been charged with failing to comply with Canada's Quarantine Act.

Advertisement

According to a news release from Ontario Provincial Police, the 66-year-old man and 65-year-old woman from Excelsior entered Canada at the Fort Frances port of entry on June 24. The OPP says they were told by Canada Border Services Agency to drive directly to their destination and remain there for 14 days without delay.

However, police say the two were seen making stops in Fort Frances. The charge against them carries a potential fine of $1,000.

Two Fort Frances men were also charged with violating the Quarantine Act last month.

The Canadian-U.S. border remains closed to non-essential travel until July 21.

As of July 5, the regions of northwestern Ontario that include Fort Frances, Kenora, and Thunder Bay have seen 132 confirmed cases of COVID-19, compared with 38,136 in Minnesota.

Copyright 2020 WDIO-TV LLC, a Hubbard Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved

Advertisement
Advertisement

Range lawmaker pushing to keep Togo prison open

Workers' lawsuit against Husky moves forward

Biden won't go to Milwaukee to accept Democratic nomination

Second Harvest holds free food distribution event in Superior

Walk to End Alzheimer's being done individually this year to avoid large gatherings

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement