Advertisement

Man Found Dead at Eelpout Festival Died of CO Poisoning

Man Found Dead at Eelpout Festival Died of CO Poisoning

Created: March 07, 2018 05:58 PM

WALKER, Minn. (AP) - Authorities say a 21-year-old man whose body was found in a fish house during the eelpout festival in northern Minnesota last month died of accidental carbon monoxide poisoning.

Advertisement – Content Continues Below

Cass County Sheriff Tom Burch released the ruling of the Ramsey County medical examiner's office Wednesday.

Samuel Schooley of Bemidji was reported unresponsive Feb. 25 at the popular festival celebrating the ugly, bottom-dwelling fish on Leech Lake. Schooley was pronounced dead at a Park Rapids hospital.

Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Relay Media Amp

Authorities Ask for Help in Locating a Missing Man

Trump to Sign 'Something' on Migrant Children

76-Year-Old Man Drowns in Cass County

Opponents, Supporters of Trump Administration Weigh in on President's Visit

National Guard to Help with Flooding in Northern Wisconsin

Multiple Agencies in Duluth Preparing for President Trump's Visit

Advertisement