Advertisement

Man Found Dead at Eelpout Festival Died of CO Poisoning

Man Found Dead at Eelpout Festival Died of CO Poisoning

Created: March 07, 2018 05:58 PM

WALKER, Minn. (AP) - Authorities say a 21-year-old man whose body was found in a fish house during the eelpout festival in northern Minnesota last month died of accidental carbon monoxide poisoning.

Advertisement – Content Continues Below

Cass County Sheriff Tom Burch released the ruling of the Ramsey County medical examiner's office Wednesday.

Samuel Schooley of Bemidji was reported unresponsive Feb. 25 at the popular festival celebrating the ugly, bottom-dwelling fish on Leech Lake. Schooley was pronounced dead at a Park Rapids hospital.

Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Relay Media Amp

Transcript: Woman Hesitated Before Deadly YouTube Stunt in Minnesota

Summer Solstice: An Artist's Art of Letting Go

Inmates Get Second Chance Through WITC

ABC Orders 'Roseanne' Spinoff for Fall Minus Roseanne Barr

Rochester Man Sentenced In Hibbing Officer-Involved Shooting

Attorney General Candidate Rothman Stops in Duluth

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement