Advertisement

Chamber, Others Pull Out of Suit Challenging Mpls. Minimum Wage

Chamber, Others Pull Out of Suit Challenging Mpls. Minimum Wage

December 29, 2017 04:04 PM

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - The Minnesota Chamber of Commerce and two other entities who sued the city of Minneapolis last month over the plan to raise the minimum wage have now pulled out of the lawsuit.

Advertisement – Content Continues Below

The chamber filed the lawsuit in November, asking for a temporary injunction to stop the proposed $15 minimum wage from going into effect.

The Star Tribune reports that the chamber withdrew its involvement on Thursday, along with the TwinWest Chamber of Commerce and the Minnesota Recruiting & Staffing Association. Only Minneapolis-based Graco Inc. remains in the suit.

The chamber says the group still believes "a correct reading of the law would conclude that the ordinance remains unlawful by conflicting with state law."

Minneapolis City Attorney Susan Segal says with Graco still in the lawsuit, the case will proceed.

___

Information from: Star Tribune


WDIO

Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Relay Media Amp

Divers Recover Body of 13-year-old Boy from Mine Pit Lake

One Dead, Two Injured in Burnett County Crash

Motorcycle Rally Raises Money for Valley Youth Center

Wetterling Attorney Says No to Appeal

38th Annual Summerfest Celebrated in Hermantown

Family and Friends Welcome Home Over 200 148th Fighter Wing Members

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement