Superior house fire causes $70,000 in damages |

Superior house fire causes $70,000 in damages

Updated: January 07, 2022 10:37 PM
Created: January 07, 2022 08:18 AM

A single family residence in Superior caught fire early Friday morning.

The Superior Fire Department was called to a report of a structure fire at 1525 Clough Avenue shortly before 1:00 a.m. Fire crews arrived to heavy smoke and fire coming from the rear of the residence. They worked on containing the blaze in below zero temperatures and remained on scene for four hours overhauling the home and extinguishing hotspots.

All occupants were confirmed to be out of the building and there were no injuries reported.

According to a news release, the fire started in the kitchen oven. Damages are estimated at $70,000, which caused the residents to be displaced. The Superior Police Department assisted them with clothing and escorted them to a relatives residence to stay.  

Assisting agencies on scene were Mayo Ambulance, Superior Police, and Superior Water, Light, and Power.



Copyright 2022 WDIO-TV LLC, a Hubbard Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved

Medved leaving Duluth City Council

Border Patrol weighs in on tragic smuggling incident

Arrowhead EMS continues to see staffing issues in the region

Best time to exercise? Experts say anytime

Enbridge says it has fixed pierced aquifer near oil pipeline

Rafe Carlson releases second single: Just Can't Explain