Advertisement

5 Treated for Possible CO Poisoning at Eveleth Nursing Home

December 31, 2017 10:56 PM

According to the Eveleth Fire Department, five people from the Fitzgerald Nursing Home and Rehab in Eveleth were being treated for possible carbon monoxide poisoning Sunday morning.

Advertisement – Content Continues Below

A call came in around 8:20 from one of the staff suspecting carbon monoxide. Scott Haas, Eveleth Fire Chief, says this was likely due to the smell of exhaust in the building.

Haas says two residents and three staff were transported to local hospitals as a precautionary measure. 

There were no readings of carbon monoxide in the building, according to Haas.  

The five patients were taken to Essentia Health in Virginia by Eveleth, Virginia, and Biwabik ambulances.

The fire department said the cause may have been a generator that wasn't venting properly.  Minnesota Energy was called to the scene.

The scene was cleared and people were able to return by around 10 a.m.


WDIO

Copyright 2018 WDIO-TV LLC, a Hubbard Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved

Advertisement
Advertisement
Relay Media Amp

Trump to Sign 'Something' on Migrant Children

Opponents, Supporters of Trump Administration Weigh in on President's Visit

National Guard to Help with Flooding in Northern Wisconsin

Multiple Agencies in Duluth Preparing for President Trump's Visit

Rules About Trump Rally at AMSOIL

Loan Program Aimed at Revitalizing Cloquet's West End

Advertisement