Advertisement

Electrical Problem Causes Duluth House Fire

Created: October 12, 2019 05:17 PM

The Duluth Fire Department says an electrical problem caused a fire hear a home near the University of Minnesota Duluth late Friday evening.

Advertisement

The bathroom fire in a two-story, single family home on Kent Road was reported at 11:26 p.m.  The homeowner and a roommate were able to get out of the home before firefighters arrived, and no one was injured.

Firefighters were initially told that the fire may have been extinguished, but they found that the fire had extended into the attic and eaves.  They were able to extinguish the fire quickly and remained on scene for more than an hour to make sure it had not spread anywhere else.

The fire department says an electrical problem with a ceiling fan caused the fire.  The damage is initially estimated to be about $20,000.

The howeowner was able to remain in the residence after the fire was put out.

Copyright 2019 WDIO-TV LLC, a Hubbard Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved

Advertisement
Advertisement

Still Standing: An Inspirational Message from an Iraq War Veteran

Second Harvest Working to Improve Food Access in Cloquet

Cold Weather Tips to Keep Your Furry Friend Safe

Evers Signs Order to Promote Diversity in State Government

Duffy Takes Job as Lobbyist After Resigning from Congress

Fire Destroys Voyageur Park Lodge in Kabetogama

Advertisement