Advertisement

Discarded Cigarette Blamed in Duluth Fire

Updated: May 15, 2018 06:43 PM

The Duluth Fire Department says a discarded cigarette unintentionally caused a fire at a West Duluth home on Tuesday afternoon.

Advertisement – Content Continues Below

The fire at 4209 West 4th Street was reported just after 3:30 p.m.  The homeowner and some of his pets were safely outside the home when firefighters arrived, and other pets were found unharmed.

Firefighters made a quick knockdown of the fire and contained it to the front deck and interior porch.

The fire department estimated monetary damage to be $15,000 to the structure and $1,000 to the contents.

Copyright 2018 WDIO-TV LLC, a Hubbard Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved

Advertisement
Advertisement
Relay Media Amp

Around 50 Tombstones Desecrated at Fort Frances, Ontario Cemetery

Community Members Partake in Out of the Darkness Walk for Suicide Awareness

One Injured in Two Vehicle Crash near Pine City

No Mega Millions Winner, Jackpot Climbs to $1.6 Billion

Authorities Respond to Duplex Structure Fire in Superior

Walker, Evers, Discuss Transportation and More at Gubernatorial Debate

Advertisement