Advertisement

Discarded Cigarette Blamed in Duluth Fire

Updated: May 15, 2018 06:43 PM

The Duluth Fire Department says a discarded cigarette unintentionally caused a fire at a West Duluth home on Tuesday afternoon.

Advertisement – Content Continues Below

The fire at 4209 West 4th Street was reported just after 3:30 p.m.  The homeowner and some of his pets were safely outside the home when firefighters arrived, and other pets were found unharmed.

Firefighters made a quick knockdown of the fire and contained it to the front deck and interior porch.

The fire department estimated monetary damage to be $15,000 to the structure and $1,000 to the contents.

Copyright 2018 WDIO-TV LLC, a Hubbard Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved

Advertisement
Advertisement
Relay Media Amp

Man Dies of Apparent Drowning in Sawyer Co.

Frenette Drops Out of Wisconsin Congressional Race

Duluth Garage Destroyed, House Saved after Fire

In Turnabout, Fischbach Takes Oath as Lieutenant Governor

AAR Celebrates Aviation Maintenance Technician Day

Essentia Board Approves $800 Million Investment Towards Remodel

Advertisement