Advertisement

Discarded Cigarette Blamed in Duluth Fire

Updated: May 15, 2018 06:43 PM

The Duluth Fire Department says a discarded cigarette unintentionally caused a fire at a West Duluth home on Tuesday afternoon.

Advertisement – Content Continues Below

The fire at 4209 West 4th Street was reported just after 3:30 p.m.  The homeowner and some of his pets were safely outside the home when firefighters arrived, and other pets were found unharmed.

Firefighters made a quick knockdown of the fire and contained it to the front deck and interior porch.

The fire department estimated monetary damage to be $15,000 to the structure and $1,000 to the contents.

Copyright 2018 WDIO-TV LLC, a Hubbard Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved

Advertisement
Advertisement
Relay Media Amp

Vinnie the Viking Returns Home

Long-Term Residents at Superior Manning Motel Displaced Following Fire

Emergency Warming Center Opening in West Duluth

Jayme Closs' Kidnapper Applied for a Job in Superior

Kevlars for K-9s Fundraiser Started in Memory of Haas

Grand Rapids Area Lacrosse Coach Critically Injured

Advertisement