Advertisement

Family: Boy Thrown from Mall of America Balcony Recovering

Family: Boy Thrown from Mall of America Balcony Recovering Photo: WDIO-TV file

Created: April 19, 2019 04:38 PM

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - The family of a 5-year-old boy thrown off a third-floor balcony at the Mall of America last week says he's "showing real signs of recovery" but remains in intensive care.

Advertisement – Content Continues Below

The boy's family posted the update Friday on a GoFundMe page that has raised nearly $900,000 for Landen's medical expenses. Beyond the fundraising page, Landen's family has asked for privacy.

Prosecutors have charged 24-year-old Emmanuel Aranda with attempted premeditated first-degree murder for the April 12 attack . Aranda told police he was angry at being rejected by women at the Minnesota mall and was "looking for someone to kill."

Landen plunged almost 40 feet and suffered head trauma and multiple broken bones. His family says he still has "a long road ahead" to recovery.

Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Relay Media Amp

Ashland Police Confirm Officer Involved in Shooting

DPD Credits Drop in Repeat Calls to Mental Health Unit

Proctor High School Seniors Relive Elementary School Days

Public to Pick New Flag for Duluth

Body Found in Rural Duluth, Believed to be Missing Man

Officer Retires after Being Accused of Stealing Vehicle

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement