Advertisement

FBI's New Details Cast Doubt on White House's Porter Timeline

FBI's New Details Cast Doubt on White House's Porter Timeline Photo: Pixabay, MGN

Created: February 13, 2018 12:07 PM

WASHINGTON (AP) - FBI Director Christopher Wray is providing new details that call into question the White House timeline leading up to the departure of former staff secretary Rob Porter.

Advertisement – Content Continues Below

Wray tells senators that the FBI administratively closed its file on Porter, who was operating under a temporary security clearance, in January, a month before he departed amid domestic abuse allegations. Wray says the FBI provided information to the White House on Porter in November, "then earlier this month we received some additional information and we passed that on as well."

Wray is declining to elaborate on what information was passed on to the White House.

The White House has repeatedly said that Porter's "background investigation was ongoing" when he resigned his position, and that the first the White House learned of the allegations against him was last Tuesday.


Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Relay Media Amp

Drone Racing Becoming Popular In Minnesota, North Dakota

93-Year-Old Willow River Graduate Earns Diploma

Minneapolis Raises Age for Buying Tobacco to 21

Birds Affected by Husky Refinery Incident Released

Sen. Tammy Baldwin Discusses Opioid Epidemic with Douglas County

Boy Scouts, MAC-V Place Flags for Memorial Day

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement