St. Louis County Public Works has temporarily closed the following roads until water levels diminish and any damage can be assessed and repaired:
- County Road (CR) 860, also known as McAurther Rd, is closed between CR 734/Shipley Road and CR 725/Birch Road in New Independence Township.
- County State Aid Highway (CSAH) 49, also known as Three Lakes Road, is closed between CSAH 15/Munger Shaw Road and CSAH 4/Vermilion Trail in Unorganized Township 53-16.
- CR 353, also known as Brimson Toimi Road, is closed between Highway 16 and Little Creek Road in Fairbanks Township.
- County Road 165, also known as Swan Lake Road, has restricted access east of CR 170/McGonagle Road in Ness Township. There is water on the road, but residents will be able to use the road to get to their home.
- Shipley Road, which includes County Roads 734 and 149, has been closed between U.S. Highway 53 and Stoney Brook Road/County Road 220 in New Independence Township.
- The St. Louis River is overflowing its banks, flooding two roads near Fayal Township. Bodas Road, also known at County Road 95; and Barker Road, also know as Unorganized Township Road 9212, are both closed until the water level recedes and damage can be assessed and repaired.
Public Works crews continue to monitor the conditions of the county's 3,000 miles of roads. Anyone who sees a flooded road or unsafe conditions can report it by calling 911.
This is a developing story. Check back with WDIO for updates.