Created: March 31, 2021 07:25 AM
Around 8:30 pm Tuesday night, the Duluth Fire Department responded to a report of a fire in a single family home at 2602 E 5th St in Duluth.
According to the Duluth Fire Department, they arrived to find a small fire in an upstairs office. The homeowner had attempted to extinguish the fire, but the large amount of smoke made the attempt unsuccessful.
The homeowners' confirmed that all persons and pets were out of the home prior to the arrival of the fire department.
The fire was contained to a single room and damages are estimated to be $8,000 for the structure and cleanup and $5,000 for contents.
The cause of the fire was determined to be an unattended candle, and there were no injuries to report.
Copyright 2021 WDIO-TV LLC, a Hubbard Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved