January 27, 2015 10:51 PM
The Bemidji Fire Department says a propane gas leak appears to have been the cause of an explosion that destroyed a rural Bemidji home Monday, injuring one person.
The Beltrami County Sheriff's office received multiple 911 calls reporting the explosion in Grant Valley Township, in the southwestern part of the county, at 5:35 p.m. Callers said they could also feel a force strong enough to dislodge pictures from walls and rattle windows.
Calls came from as far away as the City of Bemidji and Hubbard County.
The sheriff's office says the homeowner, identified as Kenneth W. Swenson, was injured and taken by ambulance to the hospital. Swanson's condition has not been released.
Emergency responders from the Hubbard County Sheriff’s Office, Minnesota State Patrol, Leech Lake Ambulance, Bemidji Ambulance, Bemidji Police Department and North Country First Responders assisted the Bemidji Fire Department and Beltrami County Sheriff’s Office at the scene.
Updated: January 27, 2015 10:51 PM
Created: January 27, 2015 05:38 AM
Copyright 2016 WDIO-TV LLC, a Hubbard Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved