April 02, 2015 07:04 PM
A grass fire is out after causing a scare near the Aspenwood condominium complex in Duluth's Kenwood neighborhood Thursday afternoon.
The fire was reported at about 2:45 p.m. near Rice Lake Road and Arrowhead Road. Some residents were briefly evacuated, but the fire was out in about a half hour. About a half acre was burned.
Fire officials told Eyewitness News that a cigarette most likely caused the fire.
The fire was one of more than two dozen to burn in the Northland Thursday afternoon.
The National Weather Service has issued a red flag warning for much of the Northland until 7 p.m. A Red Flag warning means that there is an extreme danger of wildfires in the area.
Updated: April 02, 2015 07:04 PM
Created: April 02, 2015 03:30 PM
Copyright 2016 WDIO-TV LLC, a Hubbard Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved