Severe Weather Monday night
The Storm Track Weather Department is tracking severe weather tonight for portions of the Northland. Large hail approaching baseball size at 2.75 inches with damaging winds of up to 70 mph are possible with these storms. These scattered thunderstorms are expected to continue late tonight until midnight as they move into northern Wisconsin.
Reports of trees down, power outages, baseball-sized hail, and damaging wind has occurred with this line of severe thunderstorms.
Isolated flash flooding is a possibility, particularly in east central Minnesota and northwest Wisconsin. Track the storms with the Interactive Radar at WDIO.com.
- Storms began in northeast Minnesota in the late afternoon/evening hours
- Storms are moving southeast across western Lake Superior and northwest Wisconsin this evening into tonight
- Storms may persist after midnight in northwest Wisconsin
- Be prepared for multiple rounds of storms
- Large hail up to the size of baseballs are possible along with damaging winds
WDIO Storm Track Meteorologists will continue to monitor the situation and provide updates as conditions warrant.