Duluth’s Best Bread cooks up creative recipes
Duluth’s Best Bread has been cooking up some national attention with some creative recipes.
It’s all part of their monthly tester box called "School’s Out.’ Here’s what is inside.
- Cocoa Pebble Brownies: a rich, fudgy brownie with a milk chocolate icing and sprinkled with Cocoa Pebbles.
- Pizza Roll Danish: one of the more savory options with a sun-dried tomato pesto. Also can be described as a "Fancy Pizza Roll."
- Oreo Pack (peanut butter, Funfetti, and regular): A take on the regular Oreo with some fun flavors.
- Cool Ranch Doritos Sourdough: This one is exactly what you’d expect.
- Kraft Mac and Cheese Sourdough: The noodles are baked right into this french porridge style bread.
Owner Rob Lilleguard never thought that he would be using Kraft Mac and Cheese in a traditional French bread, but he’s glad to see it succeed. "People are thrilled. When we started putting word out there that we were making Cool Ranch Doritos sourdough, everyone wanted the box including people from Arizona and Texas where we do not deliver."
But they do deliver in Duluth and Superior.
They are open Thursday – Saturday at 2632 W 3rd St, Duluth, MN 55806 in West Duluth. The business will be expanding soon too.
Next month they’re "crossing the bridge" for some Wisconsin flavors. This includes the classic supper club cocktails and Wisconsin fruits like cherries, cranberries, and apples. They’re not totally sure what the next box is gonna be. If you have any good ideas, you can email them!